Tuesday, July 21, 2015

What kind of ads would you like to see?

I downloaded all of the comics in CBR format.
Not all of the comics, that would be a monumental task.
But I did download all of the old Marvel Comics titles I used to collect during my formative years.
I also downloaded all of the Batman comics because Batman.
Some of the CBRs had all of the ads removed.
The X-Men archive did not.
I prefer to have my comics in JPEG format in case I want to go in and manipulate the images.
I also find it easier to read the comics in Windows Live Photo Gallery than in CDisplay the CBR viewer I downloaded for free from Cnet.com
I was using CDisplay to extract all of the images into JPEGs and I found myself strangely sentimental for the advertisements.
The pages between the pages.
I decided to put the ads into their own folder instead of just deleting them.
I found certain ads recurring and trends developing in the ads.
This blog is going to be an exploration of those ads and hopefully will help to inspire the same sense of nostalgia in you.





No comments:

Post a Comment